“We got the impression they had a great knowledge of their product, we’re proud of it and this gave us confidence that they would deliver. Their level of honesty and openness was reassuring. We are confident that Xledger system is the right choice for the size, stage of growth and nature of our business.” Victoria Kobus – Financial Reporting & Business partner
The English-Speaking Union (ESU) is an international educational charity and membership organisation that brings together people of different languages and cultures in over 50 countries. Through the help of their branches and international ESUs, they run educational programmes, competitions and cultural exchanges to develop confident communicators, critical thinkers and empowered citizens.
Financial system strategy
As part of their digital transformation strategy, the ESU required a new finance system that would allow the finance team to support the business in strategy implementation, and compliant reporting as well as to deliver efficiencies through automation of the day to day transaction processing and filing.
Following a recommendation from an existing customer, the ESU met the Xledger team to discuss their requirements and gain an understanding of the system.
A few highlights from the first six months are:
Xledger has provided the ESU with a cost-effective platform which successfully delivered the following:
- Inherent efficiencies gained through process automation, freeing up valuable time and resource and enabling the finance team to act in an advisory capacity to the charity.
- A pro-active management environment through instant business insight.
- Support for flexible working through being cloud-based
- The enriched ability to report through an enhanced coding structure, including analysis by fund, project, event, revenue source
- The basis for centralising branches operations
“Xledger’s functionality has allowed for a more thoughtful approach to my working life; its ability to help automate and streamline processes, from pay runs to document registration, whilst enabling better financial controls and transparency, sets us on the right path to being able to scale our operations in the near future.” – Luke Robinson – Financial Accountant