At Xledger, we offer an amazing working environment and take pride in putting our staff first. Having recently achieved Great Place to Work and Excellence in Wellbeing accreditation, as well as achieving 2nd place in the Great Place to Work in Tech (Small Category) UK and winning Employer of the Year at the 2021 Business Leader Awards, we are proud of our strong office culture and provide an extensive perks list (including company health, monthly staff recognition awards and regular paid-for socials, to name a few).
Our office space, provides an exceptional working environment, including a bespoke designed multi-functional area, a game zone and one of Bristol’s largest roof terraces. Our culture has a big emphasis on professional and personal development, and our flexible approach to working is just one of the many reasons why we have such a strong staff retention rate. By joining our UK team, you will be in a unique position to influence the continued growth and development of the company whilst joining a friendly, professional and motivated team.
Alongside our business success, we make efforts to give back to the local community. Through our sponsorship of the Bristol Sport Academy, we run an internship programme to support young people discovering the world of work and support training and development of young athletes at Ashton Gate Stadium. We gift staff two charity days annually, on which they can assist charitable causes in and around Bristol during working days, and make efforts to reduce our carbon footprint.
This is a broad role for an engaging, business enabling Finance Assistant.
The successful candidate will report to the Finance Manager and be an integral part of the team’s accounting and control function. You will have the opportunity to learn the Xledger application to an advanced level over time and will also have the opportunity to be involved in financial decisions for the business.
In this role, you will keep the supplier accounts up to date and ensure all customer accounts and pricing are set up ready for our implementation projects to begin. You will work closely with the Finance Manager and assist with month end invoicing queries and any year end audit requirements. You will be primarily responsible for maintaining the smooth running of purchase order processing, employee expenses and company credit card accounts.
This is an exciting role for an AAT qualified candidate (or part-qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA) who is looking to further their skills and experience within a finance function.
- Processing supplier invoices
- Bank reconciliation
- Assistance with month end processing
- Assistance with budgeting process
- GL reconciliations
- Credit control and aged debt management
- Maintain company credit cards
- Processing staff expenses ensuring adherence to policy
- Purchase order follow up
- Ad hoc requirements
Essential qualifications and experience
- Proven experience of working in a dynamic working environment as a Finance Assistant, with particular focus on Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Interest in pursuing Finance career
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate themselves and others
- Able to prioritise and work under own initiative
- Can do attitude
- Experienced in Excel and other Microsoft tools
- System experience of other mid-market accounting systems
Desired qualifications and experience
- AAT qualified or other part-qualified accountancy qualification
Salary and benefits
- This role is for a full-time applicant
- Salary range is £25,000-£30,000, depending on experience
- Remote and Flexible working policy
- Opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up organisation
- Health insurance following successful completion of probationary period
- 26 days’ holiday, rising by 1 day per 2 years’ service (up to a maximum of 5 extra days), not including bank holidays
- An excellent culture with regular paid-for social events
If you think this is the right role for you then please send your CV and Cover letter to Becca at email@example.com