At Xledger you will have the opportunity to work for a hugely successful international software company at an exciting time of growth. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced accountant looking for a new challenge.
We offer an amazing working environment and take pride in putting our staff first. Having recently achieved Great Place to Work and Excellence in Wellbeing accreditation, as well as coming 2nd place in the Great Place to Work in Tech (Small Category) UK list for 2020, we are proud of our strong office culture and provide an extensive perks list (including company health, monthly staff recognition awards and regular paid-for socials, to name a few). Our new office space, which we moved into in October 2020, provides an exceptional office space, including a bespoke designed multi-functional office space, a games area and Bristol’s largest roof terrace. Our culture has a big emphasis on professional and personal development, and our flexible approach to working is just one of the many reasons why we have such a strong staff retention rate. By joining our UK team, you will be in a unique position to influence the continued growth and development of the company whilst joining a friendly, professional and motivated team.
Xledger is a leading provider of cloud ERP solutions in Bristol. Alongside our business success, we make efforts to give back to the local community. Through our sponsorship of the Bristol Sport Academy, we run an internship programme to support young people discovering the world of work and support training and development of young athletes at Ashton Gate Stadium. We gift staff two charity days annually, on which they can assist charitable causes in and around Bristol during working days, and make efforts to reduce our carbon footprint.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager with an excellent sales track record and a passion for winning new business to join our friendly and ambitious sales team. Previous experience with finance management systems would be preferred but not essential.
The Business Development Manager’s main role is to win new business logos for the company. Working in an ambitious and fast-growing sales team, the role will report directly to the Sales Manager. The right candidate will proactively seek new business opportunities, in line with key company verticals, and quickly develop a strong sales pipeline. The ability to hunt and develop strong relationships with prospective customers is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven professional with a proven track record of having achieved targets and demonstrable strong sales experience. Xledger is an international company with offices in Oslo, Stockholm, Bristol, Colorado and Finland. Currently in an exciting time of growth, the Bristol office offers a rewarding, fun and creative working environment in which staff wins are celebrated.
- Win new customer business
- Work with the Marketing Team and other team members to develop a strong sales pipeline based on company verticals
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by setting appropriate expectations
- Provide professional account management and effective handover of sales accounts to delivery teams
- Provide regular reports to the Sales Manager to keep sales pipeline and customer prospect data up to date
- Work effectively with presales consultants to ensure efficient use and focus of resources
- Take a proactive role in the identification of target markets, development of key sales messages and optimisation of sales processes
- Achieve sales figures and profitability targets
- Provide all necessary support and assistance to the presales, marketing and technical teams.
- Ensure long term expansion of business, taking into account current/specific market condition
- Develop strong relationships with key accounts and customers
- Support company brand management and PR development initiatives
- Identify and develop new market opportunities for all product groups
- Explore new channels to market
- Monitor, report and counter competitor activity
- Liaise with operations, technical and product development to address any quality, delivery and design issues
- Strategic thinking with the ability to communicate and negotiate at C-suite level
- Previous experience of solution/software sales and of building a sales pipeline
- Ability to plan and execute own workload in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read the room
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with partners
- A strong understanding of cloud ERP software and the ability to pick up the Xledger product quickly
- Driven, highly motivated and passionate about sales
- A keen appetite for business wins
- Has an ‘all hands to the pump’ mentality and an excellent team player
- Previous proven experience of building a sales pipeline
- At least 5 years’ sales experience of solutions/consultative selling
- Willingness to travel, as will be required to meet customer prospect
Benefits and terms
- Full-time role
- £35k to £45k base salary with uncapped double OTE bonus, dependent on experience.
- Car allowance of £6,000
- Flexible working policy
- Opportunity to join an ambitious business which is currently in a stage of growth
- Health insurance following successful completion of probationary period
- 26 days’ holiday, rising by 1 day per 2 years’ service (up to a maximum of 5 extra days), not including bank holidays
- An excellent culture with regular paid-for social events
If you think this is the right role for you then please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com